Membership is open to Registered and Retired Medical Practitioners only.
ANZSPM is a growing organisation and welcomes enquiries or applications for membership from prospective members. Our members are medical practitioners who either practise or have an interest in palliative medicine.
Information about membership is provided below. All applicants must be proposed by a financial member of the Society, and all applications need to be approved by ANZSPM Council.
Applicants are able to nominate a proposer via the online application process, but are encouraged to discuss their application with their nominated proposer before submitting their application.
If you have any general enquiries about applying e.g. whether you are eligible to join, or need assistance with your application, please contact our Executive Officer Marita Linkson, ph +61 4 58 203 229
Submit your application online
Click here to join online
Submit your application by post
Please either submit your application online (above), or download the relevant application form and send by email to Marita at firstname.lastname@example.org
|Download:||AUSTRALIAN ANZSPM Membership application form 16-17 (Microsoft Word Document - 211k)|
NEW ZEALAND ANZSPM Membership application form 16-17 (Microsoft Word Document - 209k)
Information about Membership
Full membership is offered to registered medical practitioners who can demonstrate a commitment to clinical practice, research, education or administration in palliative medicine.
If you are a Registered Medical Practitioner involved in or interested in palliative medicine and in a Junior Medical Officer position (intern, resident medical officer, house officer, registrar or general practice trainee) or other training position you are eligible for this level of membership with substantial savings on full membership.
Applicants admitted to Associate Membership category shall be entitled to limited membership benefits of the Society, as determined by the Society from time to time. They will not have voting rights and will be ineligible to hold Office.
Associate Membership status will be offered to Registered Medical Practitioners who are:
i. General Practitioners who demonstrate an interest in Palliative Medicine, but do not wish to have full membership rights;
ii. Medical Officers whose primary vocation may be in a field other than Palliative Medicine, but who demonstrate an interest in Palliative Medicine, and do not wish to have full membership rights;
iii. Medical Practitioners who demonstrate an interest in Palliative Medicine, but who are primarily resident in places other than Australia or New Zealand, and do not wish to have full membership rights.
Retired membership status will be offered to full members of the Society who are aged over sixty (60) years and who have retired from full-time practice.
Honorary Life Membership
Honorary life membership will be granted by the Society to full members who have made an outstanding contribution to the Australian and New Zealand Society of Palliative Medicine Inc or to Palliative Medicine in Australia and New Zealand. Such persons shall, for the term of their lives, enjoy the rights and privileges of Full Membership.
Benefits of Membership
- Biennial conference and other major ANZSPM events: Attend at a reduced registration fee.
- Newsletter: Three editions of the newsletter are published each year with detail of ANZSPM's activities, and a range of interesting and educational articles which are relevant to our members.
- Reduced subscription fee to the Journal of Palliative Medicine, BMJ Supportive & Palliative Care, and Progress in Palliative Care.
- E-Update: ANZSPM publishes an electronic update in the months when the newsletter is not published, providing timely and current information about news and events of interest to palliative medicine practitioners.
- Two trainee days per year. These days are conducted by ANZSPM and provide trainees with a much needed opportunity for sharing training experiences and educational materials.
- Member's area of website. This Member's area of the website is being developed to include contact details for members and more resources.
- Trainee awards for best presentation at nominated conferences.
- Network: Opportunity to contact fellow members