Palliative Care Physician - Albury, NSW
ABOUT THE ROLE:
- Full Time position
- Located at Mercy Health Albury working within the Palliative Care department
- An exciting opportunity has arisen for a dynamic and progressive Physician to join our Palliative Care Department. You will work with a highly professional and multidisciplinary team including but not limited to Nurses and Allied Health.
- Perform all assessments, procedures and treatments associated with the speciality of Palliative Care Medicine as per delineated role of the Mercy Health Albury network. To provide admitting, consultative and diagnostic services (as a VMO will have the option to provide outpatient services) forming an integral part of a multidisciplinary team whilst practising within the core values of Mercy Health (MH) The Staff Specialist will be required to ensure a highly responsive and flexible Palliative Care service to internal and external health care providers.
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Values driven workplace
- Salary packaging benefits
- Professional development and learning
- Camp Australia School Holiday Program
- Flexible working arrangements
- Health and wellbeing initiatives
- Fully funded childcare referral service
Mercy Health is a Catholic organisation employing over 7000 people who provide compassionate and holistic care through our acute hospitals, aged care facilities, mental health programs, palliative and respite services, maternity and women's health services, early parenting services and home care services.
THE SUCCESSFUL APPLICANT WILL HAVE:
- Fellowship of the Royal Australian College of Physicians and/or other specialist recognition as provided for in the Staff Specialist (State) Award and unconditional registration with APHRA is a requirement
- Demonstrated experience in the speciality of Palliative Care.
- Demonstrated current clinical practice of a high standard with flexibility to clinical practice is in accordance with the contemporary evidence based best practice
- Current Medical Indemnity Insurance
At Mercy Health we embrace diversity and foster an inclusive culture where individual differences are respected and valued. Mercy Health encourages Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander Peoples to apply.
To be the successful candidate you must meet the position requirements as well as provide a current Police Record Check and must meet NSW Occupational Assessment and Vaccination requirements.
For more information and to apply, please visit www.careers.mercy.com.au
FOR MORE INFORMATION:
Enquiries to: Christine Arnold, Operations Manager/Director of Nursing, 02 6042 1415 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Quote Ref No: MHA 306
Applications Close: Sunday 26 February, 2017